Personal contact information we collect and what we do with it
When you are making a donation or purchasing a product on teamup4community.org and w20foundation.org we ask you for personal contact information such as your name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address. We may use this contact information for future communications, including but not limited to the following: to provide you with a receipt or financial report; to contact you to clarify or obtain information about an order you placed, a donation you made, or to send you additional information about the W20 Foundation and Project Team Up 4 Community.
When you are signing up to register a community service project you have performed on W20 Foundation and Project Team Up 4 Community websites, teamup4community.org and w20foundation.org, we ask you for contact information such as your e-mail address. First and last Name are optional.
If you make a donation or participate in a Team Up 4 Community Program, we may use your contact information to contact you from time to time to offer you an opportunity to make another gift, or to participate in a Team Up 4 Community Challenge.
Information we collect and what we do with it
In addition to personal contact information, we ask for billing information, such as your billing address and credit card number, when you make a donation or purchase a product. We use secure servers to gather and process your billing information. These secure servers are hosted by our agent, PayPal, which is bound by our site policies. Your billing information is not shared with any other organizations.
Other contact information we collect and what we do with it
In some instances, we ask for contact information for people other than yourself including, for example, e-mail addresses or phone numbers of the community service organizations you have helped. The information we collect is used to send the donation notification or information you requested and/or to inform the recipient of Team Up 4 Community Foundation updates, stories and opportunities to get involved. Such contact information is not shared with any other organizations.
Information we receive about you
We receive a number of different types of information about you, including, but not limited to:
Your information: Your information is the information that’s required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
- Registration information When you sign up for TeamUp4Community.org, you are required to provide information such as your nickname, email address, sport, etc. First and last name are optional. In some cases, you may be able to register using other information.
- Information you choose to share Your information also includes the information you choose to share on TeamUp4Community.org, such as when you post a community service event or project, upload photo(s) or videos, or comment on a TeamUp4Community Post.
Your name, nickname, pictures, videos, sport, community service event location and details are treated just like information you choose to make public. This means that you will not have any expectation of privacy with respect to this information, and anyone and everyone can see this information.
Information others share about you
We receive information about you from your teammates and others, such as when they upload your community service event, post a photo or videos of you, tag you in a photo or video, or at a location, or add you to a Challenge.
When people use TeamUp4Community.org, they may store and share information about you and others that they have, such as when they upload and manage their community service events. This means that you will not have any expectation of privacy with respect to this information, and anyone and everyone can see this information.
How to view or change your information
If you do not wish to participate in our list rental or exchange activities, or if you wish to modify the frequency of future communications from the W20 Foundation, please write to us at our headquarters address below. You can also access your personal information by logging into your account on the website www.TeamUp4Community.org
With the exception of credit card numbers, which are not retained, you can view and request changes to all the information you have given us, including any mailing lists you may be on, by contacting us in one of two ways: You can either e-mail us at email@example.com, or you can send a letter addressed to:
Attention: Team Up 4 Community
PO Box 310 Westhampton Beach, NY 11978
In addition, if you have subscribed to our online newsletter, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link featured at the end of the newsletter.
Your IP address, cookies and plug-ins
For each visitor to our website, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor’s IP address, although no personally identifiable information (such as e-mail addresses) is recognized by the server. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information. Occasionally, we may use session cookies to improve content, provide easier access and understand how visitors use our website. Session cookies are also used to support our e-commerce pages. Our website does not include stand-alone or plug-in applications that report individually identifiable information back to us or to any other organization.
Links to other sites
With respect to children, the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community is committed to protecting your privacy as an online user of www.teamup4community.org and complying fully with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act COPPA of 1998. For more detailed information on COPPA, please visit: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/online/kidsprivacy.htm
W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community provide a safe, fun, personalized, and informative online community for connecting athletes with community service. To uphold this community, W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community is committed to safeguarding our users’ privacy, especially the privacy of our child users.
Children can enjoy content and features on the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community Sites without directly providing contact information. However, children who wish to participate in sweepstakes, contests, the community map and certain other special activities may need to provide information such as first name, user name, password, email address, date of birth, city and state of residence, gender and details of their community service projects which may or may not contain photo(s) and video(s).
In the course of participating in interactive features such as sweepstakes, contests, the community map and certain other special activities a child will need to have a parent or legal guardian create an account for them and have the parent post the community service details, photo(s) and Video(s).
The law requires that Web site operators post comprehensive privacy policies on their sites, notify parents and legal guardian about their information practices, and obtain parental consent before collecting any personal information from children under the age of 13 or allowing children under 13 to publicly post personal information such as on web pages, bulletin boards or chat rooms without their parent. For children, this means that they will not have free reign of all that the Web has to offer, unless their parent creates the account and interacts on the site with the child. If you are a parent/guardian creating the account, you give your consent for the photos/stories/likeness of your child to be used/shared on this site without further consideration and/or compensation.
Basically, the law was enacted not to restrict Web operators from providing services and capturing useful data, but to restrict children from releasing information about themselves that could allow a stranger to contact them.
We also do not share your information it in any other way or with any other parties. We do not give the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information in any way.
Consent and Release
By entering your community service projects on www.TeamUp4Community.org , each entrant represents, acknowledges and takes responsibility for accepting the terms and conditions of the website for themselves as well as the collective body (also known as “their team”), which includes any other persons engaged in the submitted community service project. The entrant also acknowledges and takes responsibility for obtaining the necessary consents and releases required to share each individual’s and/ or “teams” photo and video for persons engaged in the submitted community service project. That entrant representing themselves and “their team” releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organizations and W20 Foundation and any other party associated with the development or administration of Team Up 4 Community’s website and Promotions, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands, or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). NCAA Organization(s), team(s), student-athlete(s) and/or an NCAA authorized representative acknowledges, takes responsibility and accepts that by sharing your community service information on www.TeamUp4community.org you are electronically signing a release that acknowledges that the information you are sharing is pursuant to Bylaw 18.104.22.168(h) for ensuring that the student-athlete’s name, image or appearance is used in a manner consistent with the requirements of Bylaw 22.214.171.124(h) section with the W20 Foundation. Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising, and publicity purposes by the W20 Foundation and Sponsor and/or others authorized by the W20 Foundation and Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the W20 Foundation and Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the W20 Foundation and Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that the W20 Foundation and / or Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
Changes to this policy
Financial transactions and our secure servers
All financial transactions on our website, specifically online donations and online purchases, are managed through our PayPal. All transactions use an encrypted channel, take place on secure servers and occur in real time. No financial data, such as your credit card number, is transferred via a less-secure channel, such as encrypted e-mail, for processing. Moreover, once your transaction has been completed, your credit card number is not retained.
By viewing and/or using this website, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions explained below.
- This World Wide Web site with its home page in the domains “teamup4community.org” and “w20foundation.org” (the “website”) is a complimentary information service offered by the W20 Foundation (“The Foundation”) at no charge to you as a user of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. The Foundation reserves the right to change these terms and conditions any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Web site. Do not use the website if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth under the Service Marks, Copyright, and Hyperlinks sections of this Site Notice.
- You acknowledge that the information on the website is provided “as is” for general information only. The Foundation makes no warranties of any kind regarding this website, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- You agree that you will hold harmless The Foundation and its officers, directors and employees from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this website or the information contained in this website or other websites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this website or another website to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will The Foundation or the contributors of information to this website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this website are not necessarily those of The Foundation or endorsed by The Foundation.
- The Foundation may provide links on the website to other websites which are not under the control of The Foundation. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by The Foundation of the organization or individual operating the website or a warranty of any type regarding the website or the information on the website.
- This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by The Foundation, which is headquartered in the State of New York, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as United States Territories and other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of New York, by accessing this website both you and The Foundation agree that the statutes and laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this website. You and The Foundation also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Supreme Court of the State of New York in and for the County of Suffolk, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York with respect to such matters. The Foundation makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
All uses of W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community service marks, both registered and common law, must be approved in writing by the W20 Foundation, Inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The works of authorship contained in this website, including but not limited to all design, text and images, are owned or licensed by the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sub-licensed, altered, stored by subsequent use, or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without our prior written consent, except that you may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the website, and you may make one permanent printout of each page of the website (unmodified in form, with a copy of this Site Notice attached) to be used by you for personal and non-commercial uses that do not harm the reputation of the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community.
You may provide a hypertext link to this Web site on another website, provided that:
- the link must be an active, text-only link (you may NOT use our logo without prior written approval) clearly marked “W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community “
- the link must “point” to the URL “https://www.teamup4community.org” and not to other pages within the website;
- the link, when activated by a user, must display this website full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linked website;
- the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to disparage the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community or its services, damage or dilute the goodwill associated with the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community name and service marks, or to create the false appearance that an entity other than the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community is associated with or sponsored by the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community ;
- the link may not be associated with the sale of any products or services, or the promotion of any lottery, raffle, sweepstakes or other games of chance benefiting the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community ; and
- the link will not appear on pages including content which the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community finds in its sole discretion to be objectionable or which includes obscene, pornographic, violent, intolerant, tasteless, denigrating or sexually-oriented content or materials; and the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion by amending this Site Notice. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.
All other hypertext links to this website must be approved in writing by the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community. All inquiries may be directed to email@example.com. Use of a hyperlink does not indicate or create any endorsement, approval, sponsorship or affiliation of or with your Web site by the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community . This permission to hyperlink is provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title of non-infringement.
The W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community reserves the right to take action against any use of its service marks or any links to its website that do not conform to the conditions herein, or that infringe any intellectual property or other rights of the W20 Foundation and Team Up 4 Community.
P.O. Box 310
West Hampton Beach, NY 11978
Toll-free information line: (866) 206-9168
Fax: (631) 207-8313