Number of Participants: 25
Hours Donated: 15
Value of Time Served: $3,169
Event Amount Raised: $1,575
Event Type: Children & Youth
Sport: Boys Volleyball
School: Cicero-North Syracuse High School
Date: January 15, 2021
Cicero North Syracuse High School
New York 31, Cicero
in a “normal year” ….
- All of the fall boys volleyball players on JV and Varsity in Section III (250-300)
- We have had a partnership with Make-A-Wish of CNY for around 15 years.
- For a two week period in the fall, each school decides what they want to do in regards to fundraising efforts for Make-A-Wish. Here at CNS, we run a bake sale and gift basket raffle at our home matches for that time period. During those weeks, announcements are read at each school, posters are hung in the hallways, and the players all wear Make-A-Wish bracelets. Make-A-Wish offers Wish stories to each team to be read so they can see where the money goes for the Kids and their families and a visit from a Wish family if the team wants.
- Once all of the $$$ is collected, a check from all of the teams is presented to the CEO at our Sectional Final by the coaches. The total in 2019 was $7871.
However, this year as we have not had a season yet and running fundraising events during our proposed season would be a challenge:
- 25 returning JV and Varsity players from CNS.
- 15 hours
- Throughout the month of December, donations were collected from CNS Boys Volleyball families and community to be given to Make A Wish of CNY. A total of $1575 was collected and dropped off on Monday, Jan 11.