Number of Participants: 300
Hours Donated: 2
Value of Time Served: $5,070
Event Type: Health & Medicine
Date: April 5, 2023
Marion Street School
Marion Street, Lynbrook
On April 5, whipped cream flew through the gymnasium at Marion Street Elementary School as the community gathered for the thrilling culmination of the Pie Your Principal fundraiser.
Marion Street classes were challenged by the Student Council to raise money for ALS Ride For Life, a nonprofit that supports research to find a cure for ALS. Each class worked hard to bring in the most donations for the chance to pie their principal, Mrs. Theresa Macchia, and other Marion Street staff members. Mr. Anthony Simone’s fourth grade class raised the most money, followed by Mrs. Kristen Keane’s third grade class and Mrs. Christina Toscano’s first grade class. The top three classes took turns tossing plates of whipped cream while their peers cheered them on. It was an unforgettable event for all.
The fundraiser was a huge success, and Ride For Life will visit Marion Street in May to receive the grand total collected by the Marion Street community.
- Teachers and staff members at Marion Street Elementary School got a face-full of whipped cream for the exciting Pie Your Principal event on April 5.
- The top three fundraising classes each took turns pieing their teachers.
- Principal Theresa Macchia, center, teachers, and staff were excited to get messy with Marion Street students.
- Pie throwers were cheered on by their peers as they took aim at their targets.
- Fundraising for the thrilling event will benefit ALS Ride For Life.
Photos courtesy of Lynbrook Public Schools