Number of Participants: 25
Hours Donated: 4
Value of Time Served: $845
Event Type: Health & Medicine
Sport: Ice Hockey
School: Patchogue-Medford High School
Date: March 6, 2023
Patchogue-Medford High School
Buffalo Avenue, Medford
Raiders Ice Hockey Club presents: the 8th Annual Patchogue-Medford High School
NAVY (SEAL) LT MICHAEL P. MURPHY CAMPUS
STICK IT TO CANCER
Floor Hockey Tournament
Monday, March 6, 2023
For Brayden and Paulina
Dear Patchogue-Medford Community,
Welcome to the 8th annual Patchogue-Medford High School “Stick it to Cancer” Floor Hockey Tournament! This year I am pleased to inform you that the tournament is being sponsored by the Raiders Ice Hockey Club. Playing in the tournament are 5 student teams, 7 faculty teams, 2 local business teams and a Patchogue-Medford Hall of Fame team. All will battle it out for the bragging rights while supporting this amazing cause!
“Stick it to Cancer 2023” is dedicated to Patchogue-Medford family members, Brayden Scott of Canaan Lake Elementary and Paulina Sanchez (PMHS Class of 2026).
On behalf of all volunteers, sponsors and supporters involved in making tonight’s event possible, I thank you for your attendance and support and hope you enjoy the evening!
P.M.H.S. Floor Hockey Tournament Rules
- Game is played 7 v 7. Each team has one goalie, two defense, two offense and two middies. Games will be eight minutes long.
- Faceoff occurs at center court at the start of each half and after every goal is scored.
- Goaltenders may NOT throw the ball beyond the center court line. Goalie equipment will consist of block, glove and shin guards.
- Body checking is NOT allowed.
- Boxing out an opponent is NOT allowed. If the ball ends up trapped in a corner, the player closest to the ball gets possession. The opponent allows him/her to play the ball out of the trapped area.
- High sticking is NOT allowed. The blade of the stick should never be higher than the shooters knee on a backswing or a follow through.
- Absolutely NO swinging with the stick to hit a ball out of the air that is above hip height.
- Stick checking is not allowed. Only the blade of a stick may be contact by opposing players during game play and that contact must be incidental.
- Breaking any of above rules will result in a two-minute penalty or penalty shot, at the referee’s discretion.
- The ball may be hit out of the air with a player’s hand. It must be hit to the ground and may not be touched by a teammate.