Number of Participants: 300
Hours Donated: 1
Value of Time Served: $2,535
Event Type: Veterans & Military Families
Date: November 10, 2023
Marion Street School
Marion Street, Lynbrook
Red poppy flowers were held high on the front lawn of Marion Street Elementary School in the Lynbrook School District on Nov. 8 as the community marked Veterans Day.
Every Marion Street student gathered outside the front entrance to greet veterans from the community. As veterans took their seats, students held up signs with messages of thanks. Appreciation was shown through music by the chorus and band, and the fifth grade student council shared personal remarks. Before the veterans embraced their family members in the crowd, the poppies, crafted out of paper and popsicles, were planted into the ground.
- The Marion Street Elementary community held poppy flowers high to salute veterans on Nov. 8.
- Messages of thanks were assembled for veterans in the audience.
- The fifth grade student council stood to share personal remarks.
- The chorus sang “God Bless America.”
- Poppies were planted into the front lawn of Marion Street.
Photos courtesy of Lynbrook Public Schools