Number of Participants: 50
Hours Donated: 3
Value of Time Served: $1,268
Event Amount Raised: $800
Event Type: Hunger
Date: November 10, 2015
690 Wenwood Drive East Meadow
New York 11554, United States
In the East Meadow School District, Woodland Middle School seventh-graders walked a mile around school grounds to fundraise for Island Harvest and Water for South Sudan.
For the fundraiser, each student donated $1 to carry a gallon of water during the mile walk. Following the walk, students donated over 350 jugs of water to Island Harvest, a hunger relief organization with the mission “to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island.” In addition, over 800 dollars was raised for Water for South Sudan, the not-for-profit organization that provides clean safe water to areas of South SudanWoodland Middle School sixth-graders also collected perishable foods in honor of learning about world hunger. The food was then donated to Island Harvest.
1) Woodland Middle School seventh-graders and members of the English department walked a mile to fundraise for local charities.
2) Seventh-graders of Woodland Middle School walked a mile around campus to help those in need.
3) Woodland Middle School seventh-graders and Home and Careers teacher Valerie Rowe walked to fundraise for Island Harvest and Water for South Sudan.
4) Following the walk, Woodland Middle School seventh-graders donated over 350 jugs of water.
5) Woodland Middle School sixth-graders donated perishable food to Island Harvest in honor of learning about world hunger.
Photos courtesy of the East Meadow School District