Number of Participants: 37
Hours Donated: 10
Value of Time Served: $3,127
Event Type: Advocacy & Human Rights
Sport: Field Hockey
Date: September 21, 2022
Bishop Feehan High School
Holcott Drive, Attleboro
Feehan Field Hockey Food Drive
Benefitting local pantries
At the start of the season, we were brainstorming what to do for a community service activity. It was decided that with Covid, there is an especially high need for food donations at our local pantries.
- Field hockey team decorated a donation box
- Girsl signed up to be responsible for specific games
- Blasted out information about the food drive on our social media pages (twitter and instagram).
- Emailed the coaches from the visiting teams about the food drive to increase participation
- The donation box is at our home games
- Half way through the drive(month), the seniors on the team made our first drop off to the Kennedy Donovan Center in South Attleboro. (we were running out of space to store it!)
- The next donation will be delivered to the St.Vincent dePaul/St Theresa first weekend of October.
Going into home stretch of drive;
- Overload social media on the Feehan athletic, school and sport specific accounts about our final push on October 6.
- Contacting the visiting football team playing on our last donation day to let them know and encourage their support.