Number of Participants: 20
Hours Donated: 10
Value of Time Served: $1,690
Event Type: Health & Medicine
Sport: Girls Soccer
Date: October 3, 2023
Burlington High School
Cambridge Street, Burlington
The Girls Soccer Team is working on a couple of different things this season:
1. The girls have volunteered getting the Welcome Alliance Program Clinic set up. This is a joint effort run by Burlington Public Schools and Woburn Public Schools where families who have just come to these two districts have access to a free health physical. The girls set-up:
– the medical stations for the med students, doctors and dentist
– the activity station (where small children could color and read)
– the tables of free school supplies and books
– the tables with free clothing
2. The girls also really wanted to support the Kicks for Cancer Initiative that our friends over at Concord-Carlisle run, so we had a Cancer Awareness Night in support. This was extra special to the girls as we have two moms who are recent fighters, and one mom who is a current fighter.
3. This Sunday, the girls will be volunteering at the Buddy Walk in wakefield. One of our players is very involved with the foundation and we are going to support!
4. Our amazing head AT is getting us involved with the drive for the food pantry, so we will have a big event in conjunction with the boys during our Town Night Event.