MIAA COMMUNITY SERVICE CHALLENGE
The MIAA is excited to partner with Team Up 4 Community to present the 2020-21 MIAA Community Service Challenge.
The goal of this program is to promote the positive impact that students at MIAA member schools are making by giving back to their communities. Through an online platform, school administrators, coaches and students can submit information about specific community service projects completed between August 2020 and June 2021 to be considered in this challenge.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- To submit a service project for consideration please visit: https://www.teamup4community.org/miaa-challenge-2020-2021
- Sign into an existing account or create a new account.
- Fill in the necessary information and click “Register.”
- To enter the challenge, click “Add an event” on the right-side under “Account.”
- Enter the title of the event, event date, number of participants, hours volunteered, amount of money raised (if applicable – this is NOT a requirement), the location of the event, the sport/team, and the event type.
- Under Event Contest, select “MIAA Challenge”.
- Select the name of your school.
- Add event photos you may want to share. If you created any flyers to advertise your event, you can include them here.
- Add event videos or URL links if you so choose.
- Provide a few sentences (or paragraphs) describing your event. This is your chance to recognize all the work your team did and showcase all the good that you have done for your community. Please see the Challenge Rubric to help craft the event description that will be reviewed for the MIAA Community Service Challenge!
- Enter a short excerpt at the bottom. This should only be about a 1-3 sentence summary to restate your purpose and the community service project.
- Scroll to the top of the page, select either “Save Draft” (if you are not ready to submit), preview, or publish to submit (right-hand side).
- Administrators, coaches and student-athletes are eligible to apply on behalf of the school / team / group.
- It is highly encouraged to share pictures/information about your community service projects on Twitter, Instagram, and other forms of social media using #MIAAserves. Social media promotion is not mandatory, but it will help to inspire others to participate and get involved within their communities.
- Limit to 1 community service project per application, but individuals/teams can apply as many times as you want for different projects.
- The community service projects must be conducted within the time period of the challenge. You cannot submit older community service projects.
- Only MIAA sanctioned sports/member schools are eligible to apply for the MIAA Community Service Challenge.
- Teams do NOT need to be in season to apply.
- The Team Up 4 Community website will provide a running total of the participants, hours donated, and value of time served by all projects reported from MIAA member schools.
- COVID safety guidelines must be observed at all times when performing community service activities for this challenge.
Scoring / Competition:
- The MIAA Student Advisor Committee will select the top entries by the end of the school year using the Challenge Rubric
- Winning Entries will be announced after the deadline and will be recognized by the MIAA.
- June 4th, 2021