NYSPHSAA COMMUNITY SERVICE CHALLENGE
For the 2020-2021 school year, Team Up 4 Community is excited to once again partner with the NYSPHSAA to encourage Youth Athletes to give back to their communities through the NYSPHSAA Community Service Challenge!
Community Service is an integral part of the Interscholastic Athletic experience. Through community service, student-athletes, coaches, and administrators are able to give back to the communities that support them each and every day!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Starting September 21st Apply by visiting https://www.teamup4community.org/nysphsaa
- Sign into an existing account or create a new account.
- Fill in the necessary information and click register.
- To enter the challenge, click add an event on the right-hand side under account.
- Enter the title of the event, event date, number of participants, hours volunteered, amount of money raised (if any – this is NOT a requirement), the location of the event, the sport/team, and the event type.
- Under Event Contest, select “NYSPHSAA Challenge.”
- Select the name of your school. Remember, this is the name of the high school in the district (associated with your high school building BEDS code – like Scholar-Athlete).
- Add event photos you may want to share.
- Add event videos or URL link if you so choose.
- Provide a couple sentences (or paragraphs) describing your event. This is your chance to recognize all the work your team did and showcase all the good you’ve done for your community. Check out the rubric to help you craft your event description and improve your chances of being selected as a Community Service Challenge winner!
- Enter excerpt (voluntary).
- Scroll to the top of the page, select either save draft (if you are not ready to submit), preview, or publish to submit (right-hand side).
- Administrators, coaches, and student-athletes are eligible to apply on behalf of the school / team / group
- Limit to 1 community service project per application.
- Only NYSPHSAA sanctioned sports/schools are eligible to apply for the NYSPHSAA Challenge (like Scholar-Athlete).
- Teams do NOT need to be in its championship season to apply.
- The NYSPHSAA Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will select the State winner each season (using the rubric on the Downloads Page).
- Winners will be announced after each deadline and will be presented with an award at the Central Committee meeting in July.
Fall Submission Deadline: November 9th, 2020
Winter Submission Deadline: March 8th, 2021
Spring Submission Deadline: June 7th, 2021