NYSPHSAA COMMUNITY SERVICE CHALLENGE
For the 2018-2019 school year, the NYSPHSAA has Partnered with the W20 Foundation’s Project Team Up 4 Community to encourage Youth Athletes to give back to their communities through the NYSPHSAA Community Service Challenge!
Community Service is an integral part of the Interscholastic Athletic experience. Through community service, student-athletes, coaches, and administrators are able to give back to the communities that support them each and every day!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Starting August 13th Apply by visiting https://www.teamup4community.org/nysphsaa
- Sign into an existing account or create a new account.
- Fill in the necessary information and click register.
- To enter the challenge, click add an event on the right-hand side under account.
- Enter the title of the event, event date, number of participants, hours volunteered, amount of money raised (if any – this is NOT a requirement), the location of the event, the sport/team, and the event type.
- Under Event Contest, select “NYSPHSAA Challenge.”
- Select the name of your school. Remember, this is the name of the high school in the district (associated with your high school building BEDS code – like Scholar-Athlete).
- Add event photos you may want to share.
- Add event videos or URL link if you so choose.
- Enter event description (required). Use the rubric on the Downloads Page to view the criteria for selection.
- Enter excerpt (voluntary).
- Scroll to the top of the page, select either save draft (if you are not ready to submit), preview, or publish to submit (right-hand side).
- Administrators, coaches, and student-athletes are eligible to apply on behalf of the school/team/ group
- Limit to 1 community service project per application.
- Only NYSPHSAA sanctioned sports/schools are eligible to apply for the NYSPHSAA Challenge (like Scholar-Athlete).
- Teams do NOT need to be in its championship season to apply.
- The NYSPHSAA Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will select the State winner each season (using the rubric on the Downloads Page).
- Winners will be announced after each deadline and will be presented with an award at the Central Committee meeting in July.
Fall Submission Deadline: Monday of Week #19
Winter Submission Deadline: Monday of Week #36
Spring Submission Deadline: Monday of Week #49
By Participating in this Challenge you Are Agreeing to the Team Up 4 Community Website’s Terms and Conditions